Book Title: Smart but Scattered: The Revolutionary "Executive Skills" Approach to Helping Kids Reach Their Potential
Publisher: Guilford Press
Author: Peg Dawson
- Smart but Scattered Teens: The "Executive Skills" Program for Helping Teens Reach Their Potential
- The Smart but Scattered Guide to Success: How to Use Your Brain's Executive Skills to Keep Up, Stay Calm, and Get Organized at Work and at Home
- Learning To Slow Down & Pay Attention: A Book for Kids About ADHD
- Taking Charge of ADHD, Third Edition: The Complete, Authoritative Guide for Parents
- Late, Lost, and Unprepared: A Parents' Guide to Helping Children with Executive Functioning
- The Work-Smart Academic Planner, Revised Edition: Write It Down, Get It Done
- Understanding Girls with ADHD, Updated and Revised: How They Feel and Why They Do What They Do
- Parenting ADHD Now!: Easy Intervention Strategies to Empower Kids with ADHD
- The Survival Guide for Kids with ADHD
- Mindful Parenting for ADHD: A Guide to Cultivating Calm, Reducing Stress, and Helping Children Thrive
There’s nothing more frustrating than watching your bright, talented son or daughter struggle with everyday tasks like finishing homework, putting away toys, or following instructions at school. Your “smart but scattered” child might also have trouble coping with disappointment or managing anger. Drs. Peg Dawson and Richard Guare have great news: there’s a lot you can do to help.
The latest research in child development shows that many kids who have the brain and heart to succeed lack or lag behind in crucial “executive skills”--the fundamental habits of mind required for getting organized, staying focused, and controlling impulses and emotions. Learn easy-to-follow steps to identify your child’s strengths and weaknesses, use activities and techniques proven to boost specific skills, and problem-solve daily routines. Small changes can add up to big improvements--this empowering book shows how.