Discover the 7 key principles and associated practices for effective early intervention services—and start putting them into action today! This easy-to-use, fillable workbook reveals not only what every EI professional should be doing in their practice, but also how to do it, with practical tips, activities, and strategies they can use to improve their work with children and families right away.
Based on specific recommendations from a workgroup of today's top researchers, this comprehensive resource walks readers through every key step of the early intervention journey with children birth to 3, from the crucial first meeting with a family to the child's transition out of intervention. Perfect for group training sessions or independent study, it's a great workbook to fill in, learn from, and then keep close at hand as a quick and easy reminder of best practices.
WHY IT'S A MUST-HAVE:
- Identifies and focuses on the best of today's most successful evidence-based intervention approaches
- Helps professionals deliver high-quality services in natural environments
- Hard-to-find guidance on actual implementation of best practices
- Walks readers explicitly through every step of effective early intervention
- Interactive workbook format makes it easy to learn and reinforce recommended practices
- Empowers professionals to make positive change happen, on a personal and systemic level
PRACTICAL MATERIALS: Sample scripts that model skillful interactions, helpful quick-reference checklists, engaging "Give It a Go" activities, realistic vignettes, and an in-depth family case study that lets readers practice identifying effective and ineffective practices.
Practical guidance on the entire early intervention process!
- Initial visits with the family
- Evaluation & assessment
- IFSP development
- IFSP implementation
- Supporting a smooth transition from early intervention
A featured book in our Effective Early Intervention Kit!