Book Title: How to Build Self-Discipline to Exercise: Practical Techniques and Strategies to Develop a Lifetime Habit of Exercise
Publisher: Meadows Publishing
Author: Martin Meadows
Discover Proven Strategies to Finally Get in Shape and Exercise on a Regular Basis for the Rest of Your Life
Everywhere you go, you see gyms, videos, and books about exercise, advertising how they can help you get in shape fast and easy. You've probably even put some money down before, vowing that this was the year you'd get in shape, lose that extra weight, and become the energetic person you know is hiding inside you.
Unfortunately, life happens, and you fall into the habit of "I'll start tomorrow". Your motivation drops, and your self-discipline fails to push you through to achieve your goals. You begin to make excuses: You'll be really sore after working out, it's been too long since you've last exercised, you don't have willpower, and you think you're too weak or otherwise unfit for exercise. There was that one time you started a program, but you couldn't keep up with the weekly or monthly goals, so you got frustrated and gave up.
How to Build Self-Discipline to Exercise is a practical guidebook on how to introduce exercise into your life and keep it there. In this audiobook, you'll learn:
- Why the most common type of motivation people use to exercise is usually ineffective
- How to overcome procrastination and finally start exercising
- How to find time to exercise despite a hectic schedule (and surprising math that shows you actually lose time when you don't make time for exercise)
- Practical tricks and tips to stay motivated forever
- How to enjoy exercise while still getting the most powerful benefits of it (hint: if your workout involves "work", it's not a good workout)
When put together and acted upon, the six chapters in this book - supported by over 80 references to scientific studies and credible experts - will help you form a new habit and make one of the most important changes you'll ever make in your life.